Trane XL20i Heat Pump
The ultimate in year-round comfort.
Imagine 12 months of total and complete comfort – from the hottest days to the coldest nights. Well, you don’t have to, thanks to the XL20i system from Trane. It’s designed to perfectly cool your home in the summer and perfectly heat it in the winter.
When matched with a variable speed indoor unit from Trane, the XL20i has another special feature. It’s a method of enhancing airflow that we call Comfort-R™ and it gives you greater humidity control in cooling. This is accomplished by running the fan at a slower speed during start-up. Comfort-R™ also provides warmer air during heating start-up. These managed cycles reduce temperature variances for the optimum in home comfort.
The XL20i is among the industry’s most efficient heat pumps available, with a rating up to 19.00 SEER and HSPF up to 9.0. The XL20i has two compressors: one for milder weather and a second larger compressor for those extremely hot days. It’s like having two units in one.
ComfortLink II Communicating Capability
ComfortLink II Communicating Capability ComfortLink II communicating technology (available when matched with communicating indoor units) connects all of your key components so your system automatically charges, configures and calibrates for optimal performance and efficiency through the lifetime of your products. When the optional Telephone Access Module (TAM) is added, you can conveniently adjust settings and receive system updates wherever you are by phone.
Increased efficiency may substantially lower your home heating and cooling costs.
Multi-stage fan motor adjusts speed to quietly provide maximum comfort.
Materials for all components are tested again and again for long-lasting performance and durability.
Cleaner, healthier indoor air
Add Trane CleanEffects™ to your system for advanced air filtration that removes more dust, pollen and other irritants from conditioned air for a cleaner, healthier, more comfortable home.
Every Trane Heat Pump is packed with high-quality components. Each helps ensure that time after time, your unit will provide total comfort your family can rely on.
The XL20i includes:
- ComfortLink II Communicating Capability
- Charge Assist™ for enhanced performance and efficiency
- Dual Climatuff® Compressors
- Full-Side Louvered Panels
- WeatherGuard™ Top Protects Components
- R410A Refrigerant
- Baked-On Powder Paint
- Weather Resistant WeatherGuard™ Fasteners
- Two-row Spine Fin™ coil
- DuraTuff™ Rust Proof Base Pan
- Two-Stage Cooling and Heating
- Multi-stage Fan
- Low-Resistance Airflow
- Sound Insulator on Compressors
|Model||Nominal Tons||Height (in.)||Width (in.)||Depth (in.)|
Beginning May 1 2009, Registered Limited Warranty terms are available if the product is registered within 60 days of installation. Registration can be completed either online at Trane.com or by calling 800-554-6413.
Trane’s Registered Limited Warranty terms include:
- 12 Year limited warranty on compressor
- 10 Year limited warranty on outdoor coil
- 10 Year limited warranty on internal functional parts
- If the product is not registered within 60 days of installation Trane’s Base Limited Warranty terms will apply.
- An option to purchase transferability of your Registered Limited Warranty is available. For more information visit: http://www.trane.com/Residential/Trane-Owners/Warranty-Information
- Optional Extended Warranties are available. Extended Warranties can pay for labor and other costs not covered by manufacturer’s limited warranty.
- Ask your Bay Area Services Consultant for full warranty information at time of purchase. Warranties are for residential use only, some exclusions may apply.
Potential energy savings may vary depending on your personal lifestyle, system settings, equipment maintenance, local climate, actual construction and installation of equipment, and duct system. As part of our continuous product improvement, Trane reserves the right to change specifications and design without notice. Read important energy cost and efficiency information available from your Bay Area Services Consultant.